McKenzie receiving her Golden Explorer Award. There were more kids from her class to receive the award than from any other 5th grade class.
This is all the kids who received the award. Kinda sad to me. Out of 120 5th graders there was 20 kids who earned the Golden Explorer Award.
- Student must attend at least 170 days of school
- Must have 4 or fewer unexcused tardies
- Must have no missing assignments in any class
- Must read at least 20 books from the approved reading list.
- Must attend all school days during end of level testing
- Must submit at least one reflections contest entry
- Must receive satisfactory or higher for their grades all year.
- Must receive no more than two lunch detentions during the year-she didn't get any. Good Job Kenzie!!
- Must receive all excellents and very goods on term report cards. (That's a's and b's)
- Must correctly place all US States on a blank map
- Must match all Capitals to the correct states
- Complete and pass off all multiplication fact tests
- Complete and pass off all division fact tests
- Complete and pass off 5th grade handwriting book
- Complete at least 8 original pieces of writing to the publishing and sharing phase
- Must earn 100% on the science fair project
- Must earn the score of 100% on all class projects
- Must participate in the Hershey track meet
- Interview a veteran and do a two minute report
- Write a favorite living author-she wrote Daisy Meadows
- Visit a historical site
- Memorize an excerpt from the Preamble of the Constitution
- Memorize an excerpt from the Gettysburg Address
- Memorize an excerpt from I Have a Dream
On Tuesday she participated in the Hershey track meet. I missed all of her events. I got a phone call from the school that Rylie had thrown up and I needed to come get her. Needless to say I didn't get to see her participate in a single event, and she was done by the time I got there at 10:00. UGH!! She didn't do as well as last year but she tried and did her very best and that's all that counts.
On Friday she participated in the 5th grade Mini Society. This is where the kids have to invent a business, pay property taxes, pay for business licenses and everything that comes with running a business. We decided to do hair bows, bracelets and flower clips. Mindy and I spent the previous Saturday making these items. Thanks Mind for all your help. I couldn't have done it without you. McKenzie did very well. Her booth was the most popular booth among the girls and moms. We were able to assemble 100 hair bows and flower clips and had about 25 bracelets.The mini society started at 9:30 that morning and she was sold out of her items by 11:30. McKenzie earned $2416.00 at her booth that day. Whoo Hoo!! Great job!!
2 comments:
Holy cow! I don't get on line for a week and look at what's happened? I heard about your flower/bow fest. I'm so glad it went well! She did a great job! :) What a cute girl!
Thanks for your blog site! It's fun to hear what you guys have been up to!!
Post a Comment