Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Day of School


McKenzie with Ethan J. This is the boy she has had a crush on ever since 2nd grade.

McKenzie with a couple of her best friends: Megan and Keilani

McKenzie and her teacher Mrs. Pardew

Kaylie and Rylie with their teacher Mrs. Broderick

These are the cute clipboards that I made the girls to give to their teachers. This was a fun little craft and they really loved them.

The big events in my life are always bitter sweet, and without fail I get teary every time for 2 reasons. First, times like this always make me realize what I miss out with Colton, and second it really makes me realize that my little girls are growing up and there's nothing I can do about it. Hehe!!

Kaylie and Rylie finished first grade this year. Their teacher Mrs. Broderick was AMAZING. She was always great at making sure that I knew what was going on in class and if there was problems to be dealt with she made sure that they were taken care of promptly. Kaylie and Rylie LOVED first grade and cried the last day of school because they already missed their teacher. I talked with their teacher on the second to last day of school and asked her if she was excited for summer vacation. She told me she was, but was more sad because she was going to miss the kids so much. It's teachers like that, that are the best.

McKenzie finished fourth grade. She also had a fun year. All the fun projects and field trips. She wasn't really looking forward to summer vacation either. Her teacher Mrs. Pardew always had fun class activities and she is also an amazing teacher. This year their theme was Harry Potter and each class was apart of the movie. They played quidditch and all the fun games that come along with Harry Potter. She did very well this whole year and made many good friends.

2 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Okay, your clip boards turned out SO cute! LOVE IT! Summer Vacation is sort of a bitter sweet thing isn't it? Cute pictures! :) I've been thinking about you a lot this week. I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Mindy Greene said...

Wow - Those clip boards turned out CUTE!! I am glad that its summer now we can plan lots of fun outing together~~!!!